ACCOMMODATION FINDING SERVICE
This service is targeted at people who require low level support (i.e support workers visiting them,1-3 times per week). We can source good quality accommodation in the private rented sector. Once we receive a referral, we work with reputable letting agents and private landlords to identify fully furnished one bedroom flats and studios for perspective tenants. We always view the accommodation and make checks to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations. At present we can only offer to this service to people wanting to live in the London Borough of Enfield.
Benefits to Professionals
We can offer advice and assistance to social workers, care co-ordinators, personal assistants and others who have the task of finding suitable housing for their client. We can quickly find suitable accommodation for your clients in an area of their choosing.
Benefits to Clients
Paradise Independent Living works in partnership with individuals who are receiving direct payments or have an individual budget to enable them to achieve one or more of the following:
- Receive support to find their own home
- Decide who they want to support them
- Become involved in selecting their own support staff,
- Plan the training their staff will receive, based on their needs
- Devise the structure and times for how and when they want to be supported
Some of the key choices service users will be supported to make are:
- Where do I want to live and what type of accommodation do I want?
- Who would I like to live with or do I want to live alone?
- What support do I need?
- How many hours a day/week do I need support?
- Who do I want to support me and how?
- How do I want to spend my time each day?
- How much money will I have to live on?
- What benefits am I entitled to?
- What is the budget for my service – have I got an Individual Budget or Direct Payment?
- How will my placement manager or funding authority work with me?
In whatever circumstances people choose to live, we aim to support them to be as independent as possible, by enabling them to achieve their wishes, desires and goals.
Cost to Local Authority or Client – We charge a one off accommodation finding fee of £400. When we find the property the agents/landlords require 4 weeks advance rent plus a deposit. This normally averages aout at £1900.
Weekly Rent Payments – Housing Benefit will pay most of the rent. A small shortfall is sometimes payable by the tenant.
Care and Support Charges – This is dependent on the assessed need. Charges start from £20ph
Please contact Sherron Parris or Leonie Da Silva to get a breakdown of all cost. Tel: 020 8245 5005/ 020 8292 2873